The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Issues with colors ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Issues with colors with "Off mode" and "Dark mode"

17 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Hi there.

The new look options are an improvement with the update but there may be some bugs still.
I have attached an image showing how 'off mode' and 'dark mode' look on my site

Off mode looks great but the color of the comment text placeholder cannot be changed.
Dark mode you can change the color of the placeholder but the advanced toolbar color sticks out and cannot be changed.

Please see attached pic.

issues with comment form discuz
16 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @dbea3059,

Off mode looks great but the color of the comment text placeholder cannot be changed.

Please note, that the minimal style is a developers style, it turns off wpDiscuz style and lets you create your own style from scratch. We don't support Minimal style, it's just added for developers. 

Dark mode you can change the color of the placeholder but the advanced toolbar color sticks out and cannot be changed.

This is designed to wor in this way. You can easily change it via CSS codes. 

Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Your team doesnt make sense. A week ago i asked how to change colors and get CSS advice. I was told to just wait for the update and your plugin will have all the options needed.

Now you (another team member) chose to say you dont help people and they just need to learn everything themselves to organise it.

So your plugin is now aimed at developers and not end users? Since the majority of wordpress users are not programmers and dont have the budget to hire CSS programmers the logic of your teams approach is hard to understand.

Easy is when you buy something and it works out of the box and doesnt need maintainance. Easy is when someone asks for some help with an issue and actually gets the solution rather being stuck with the problem.

You didnt tell me how to correct this CSS issue. The recent version of the plugin still doesnt let someone configure the look of the comment form properly. The easiest thing is to download the previous version of the plugin which worked with no maintanance for 2 years, looked perfect and avoid updating it because of your current predicament.

Sorry i have to say out of all the people ive ask for assistance from with wordpress your team seems the most disorganised customer service-wise. Stating you have a finished product but in reality it hasnt been tested and optimised correctly. Leaving users to do your work for you with their feedback.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@dbea3059,

You didnt tell me how to correct this CSS issue. your update options still dont let someone configure the look properly. The easiest thing is to download the previous version of your plugin which worked with no maintanance for 2 years, looked perfect and avoid updating it because of your current predicament.

If your issue is not related to a minimal style, please leave some example URL we'll try to help you to solve the issue. 

Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Well its not just an issue of colors. When someone switches to "dark" mode from "off" mode the comment form field size is shrunk in size.

Ok well thanks for the offer of help. An example page would be: https://shvideos.net/2020/06/21/masterchef-12-48/

i chose the "off" version of the comment from

I would like the comment text holder to be brighter probably #cccccc
Border lines of the field box should be #cccccc.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dbea3059,

I would like the comment text holder to be brighter probably #cccccc

Please navigate to Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Styles & Colors admin page, put the CSS code below in the "Custom CSS Code" textarea:

.ql-editor.ql-blank::before {
color: #ccc;
}

Border lines of the field box should be #cccccc.

Use the codes below: 

.ql-editor.ql-blank::before {
color: #ccc;
}
.ql-container.ql-snow, .ql-toolbar.ql-snow {
border: 1px solid #503333;
}

You can change the red marked value before using the codes. 

Well its not just an issue of colors. When someone switches to "dark" mode from "off" mode the comment form field size is shrunk in size.

Let me explain the reason for the minimal style. It allows the users to turn off the wpDiscuz styles (colors, width, height, etc) and create there own styles based on the wpDiscuz functionality. 

For the users who are not familiar with the CSS programming, we may suggest you the following two options:

• Dark
Topic starter
(@dbea3059)
Eminent Member

Ok the CSS codes didnt work in the "Custom CSS Code" textarea. I had to go to the dashboard > Customize > Additional CSS

I understand your point about "default" and "dark" being for non-programmers. But using those 2 options means you are forced to have a smaller comment field  (compared to the "off" version) and the advanced toolbar is a permanent grey color.

You might think "so what?" If other colors are changing around it then the grey color could start to look out of place. (This was pointed out by me in the screenshot at the start of this thread.)

It would be nice if the "be the first to comment" could be changed back to "join the discussion" is there no way to change that text?

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dbea3059,

You can hide the avatar in default and dark modes via the CSS code:

#wpdcom .wpd-form .wpd-avatar {
display: none;
}

So, you'll get the full-width textarea.

The background color can be changed by using this CSS code: 

#wpdcom .ql-toolbar {
background-color: #101315 !important;
}
(@dbea3059)

Eminent Member

@asti It looks much better now. Users can see the 'Join the discussion' message in the comment box.

What would be the css code for changing the color given to users comments? When reading their comments the writing is a bit dark for a black background. (Im using the "off" version of comment form.)

thanks for your help.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@dbea3059,

Here it is:

#wpdcom .wpd-comment-text p{
color: #4e3c3c;
}
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@dbea3059,

Again I'd suggest don't use the "Off" style. We'll not support it in the future. We'll not also support issues with paid addons if you buy them in the future. The addons style will not be good and you'll have many unsupported issues.

I recommend switch to the Dark mode and let us know what color or background you want to change. So this is the last time I warn you don't use the Off style, you'll not get any support related to the layout and style, especially with the addons.

If you decided to continue using it then please don't ask any support for the style and CSS issues.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

@dbea3059,

Once you switched to the Dark style, don't forget remove all custom CSS codes, to avoid any confusion and conflict. Just use the native color options to set comment text color and other colors. If you need more customization with the colors just let us know. But please stop using the OFF style.

(@dbea3059)

Eminent Member

@tomson Ok youre in charge now? ive talked to 4 differnet people and you dont all have a same approach to the plugin. Dont blame users for this disorganisation. You personally said a week ago "wait for an update as you can customize all the colors of "dark mode". The plugin still doesnt give the option to change the color of the advanced toolbar. This means everything else can be green.blue, red but this advanced toolbar is always gray color. That stylistically is very restrictive and unusable. So we can say at the moment the functionality of the styles section has limitations.

But fine if we are using dark mode for the site then put simply it is necessary to comment field box the same size as it looks in "off mode" as its too small looking. The advanced toolbar should be seperated from the comment field box like it does in "off mode"  And its color should be customizable, with css or inside the dashboard.

I have tried to read all FAQs, to be patient with the process and follow your guidelines. Talking about warning people is unnecessary. If asking questions in a forum makes people angry id rather not use your forum.

Ive also tried being patient to work with your team over the last 2 weeks to get the comment form working. Im being polite and respectful but this has become an overly-complicated process and ive just being following suggestions. I also need to keep the 100,000 people using my site happy as the functionality of the comment form has been an issue in the last 3 weeks.

Its all good having fancy features and complicated techniques in the comment form but if it cant be styled correctly it doesnt do any justice to the work done behind the scenes.

Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @dbea3059

The plugin still doesnt give the option to change the color of the advanced toolbar.

So because of this small issue you want to get tons of problems?

Just change to the Dark mode and I'll give a small css code for that.

3 Replies
Tom
 Tom
Support
(@tomson)

Honorable Member

Here is your CSS code to remove the gray background of the toolbar and make it the same background color:

#wpdcom.wpd-dark .ql-toolbar {
     background-color: transparent !important;
}

Just don't forget remove all previous custom CSS codes.

(@dbea3059)

Eminent Member

@tomson Sorry i dont understand what you mean by "i want to get a ton of problems"? That sentence doesnt make sense.

I was using the plugin for 2 years. never a complant, never wanted a problem. The only issue is that the latest version of your plugin doesnt look correct on some websites and needs extra work to fix it.

Your plugin (wpdiscuz) has to prove it can make an improvement to the comment form on people's sites. Otherwise people will just go back to the default comment form that came with their wordprss theme..

ok hopefully that was well understood. Now lets focus on resolving the issue.

1. What is the css code for changing the background color of the advanced toolbar?

2. Is it or is it not possible to have a full sized comment form field that the "off mode" has for dark mode?

Any question answered would be greatly appreciated.

(@dbea3059)

Eminent Member

Sorry i began replying to you and didnt know you were sending a 2nd mesasge to me. Ok I added the CSS code to my site and i can say it actually looks perfect now.

So thankyou for your patience. And helping my site to look good. Have a good day!

Share: