The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Getting Critical Er...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Question [Solved] Getting Critical Error on Pages with wpdiscuz

19 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter
(@carlotta)

I am getting a critical error message on pages where there is wpdiscuz (which is only on a few pages on my site.  Just happened today.  ???  I will probably deactivate the plugin for now, but hoping that won't loose comment history for pages where it was being used -- also unpublishing those pages for now since the whole page has issues.  Any help/suggestions welcome -- not certain if it was a recent update to something or ???.  I don't have wpdiscuz on all pages on my site -- it was just on some private pages, if that matters. 

error

18 Replies
Topic starter
(@carlotta)

oh - the rest of my site is fine, where I didn't have wpdiscuz in use.  I don't have comments active on other pages, except for some woocomerce pages has them on I think. 

4 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@carlotta,

Please let us know if you observe the issue on pages where comments are active without the wpDiscuz plugin.

Have you made any customizations to the wpDiscuz plugin? Additionally, have you installed or updated any other plugins that may be causing the issue?

(@carlotta)

@asti Thanks -- 1)  so far, it did not happen on any pages where comments were active without the wpDiscuz plugin. 

2)  I did not customize the wpDiscuz, other than to set available options in it's settings/dashboard to my preferences. 

I added a woocommerce shop/woo commerce plulgin in, which was live as of January 30, 2024 -- and wpdiscuz was still working properly as of February 1, 2024, when the last comments (at least one with images) were posted, no issue.  It wasn't until Feb. 4th I got the critical failure notice after posting a comment with an image using the wpdiscuz plugin. 

3) I will need to have comments on some pages, but really need ones where we can load images, so will be looking for a solution that doesn't break these pages.  If wpdiscuz can function without breaking the pages, I would continue to use it.  Right now having to fix things on the page it broke.  That page had a lot of accordian blocks, and several of the  comments had images, and some had spoiler shortcode.

papex
(@papex)

Eminent Member

@asti Breaks the site on all pages where the plugin is present.

+ If the text contains the [wpdiscuz_comments] code, then even with the plugin disabled, the page breaks.

papex
(@papex)

Eminent Member

@asti Switched to the Twenty Twenty-Four theme. Doesn't work too.

papex
(@papex)
Eminent Member

It’s the same for me.

Topic starter
(@carlotta)

Oh, interesting -- have you been using the plugin long?  Did it just do this recently?  I have had to deactive the plugin for now.  I haven't heard anything like, is it due to not being up to date with current word press or is it not compatible with woo commerce?  "???". 

6 Replies
papex
(@papex)

Eminent Member

@carlotta He was still working this morning.
Probably related to a WP update.

papex
(@papex)

Eminent Member

@carlotta I don't have woocommerce installed.

(@carlotta)

@papex Thank you so much for letting me know -- I am hoping they are working on an update for this problem.  Luckily, I didn't have it on all my pages, because it put some code in pages it was on that I had to clean up, to be able to use some of what was on those pages. 

(@carlotta)

@papex I see your note that it is breaking pages with the shortcode for it.  Question - did you have the media loader installed for this plugin?  Where commenters could upload a photo?  I had that in use and I wondered if that was an issue.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@carlotta.

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@carlotta,

We have not received a reply from you for over a couple of weeks, therefore we will be closing this topic. Please create a new one if you require any additional help.

Thank You!

papex
(@papex)
Eminent Member

[06-Feb-2024 17:21:35 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WpdiscuzHelper' not found in /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/themes/default/comment-form.php:6
Stack trace:
#0 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/themes/generatepress-child/functions.php(61): include()
#1 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(433): my_wpdiscuz_shortcode('', '', 'wpdiscuz_commen...')
#2 [internal function]: do_shortcode_tag(Array)
#3 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(273): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(wpdisc...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...')
#4 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): do_shortcode('<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...')
#5 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters('<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...', Array)
#6 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/posts/skins/skin-content-base.php(274): apply_filters('the_content', in /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/themes/default/comment-form.php on line 6
[06-Feb-2024 17:21:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WpdiscuzHelper' not found in /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/themes/default/comment-form.php:6
Stack trace:
#0 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/themes/generatepress-child/functions.php(61): include()
#1 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(433): my_wpdiscuz_shortcode('', '', 'wpdiscuz_commen...')
#3 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(273): preg_replace_callback('/\\[(\\[?)(wpdisc...', 'do_shortcode_ta...', '<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...')
#4 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): do_shortcode('<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...')
#5 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters('<h3>\xD0\x92\xD0\xBD\xD0\xB8\xD0\xBC\xD0\xB0\xD0...', Array)
#6 /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/elementor-pro/modules/posts/skins/skin-content-base.php(274): apply_filters('the_content', in /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/themes/default/comment-form.php on line 6
[06-Feb-2024 17:21:45 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WpdiscuzHelper' not found in /home/c66217/chippsy.ru/www/wp-content/plugins/wpdiscuz/themes/default/comment-form.php:6
Stack trace:

papex
(@papex)
Eminent Member

Looks like I'll have to abandon this plugin. On all sites. The plugin kills the entire site. We can't stop and wait.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@papex,

Your issue is different from the one described. You should remove any custom code that has been added to the functions.php file of your active theme.

Starting from wpDiscuz version 7.6.15, the relevant code is included within the plugin files.

Please remove the code from the functions.php file and then recheck the issue.

For further assistance, refer to this support topic: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/bug-reports/the-plugin-kills-the-entire-site/

papex
(@papex)

Eminent Member

@asti Yes, I deleted it immediately. Code for the shortcode. No change.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@papex,

See the issue description here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/bug-reports/the-plugin-kills-the-entire-site/#post-23226

Share: