The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Follow notification...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Follow notification emails going to user other than follow user.

12 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter
(@ronnie-tanner)
Eminent Member

A user reported receiving a comment notification from a follow, but it was for another users follow. 

I verified via SMTP log that the email for User A was indeed sent to User B. This is for the "Follow" functionality. Both User A and User B follow the same person that the new comment was sent for. User A should not have received the notification for User B's follow, only their own.

message screenshot
smtp log screenshot
11 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi Ronnie Tanner,

Both User A and User B follow the same person that the new comment was sent for. 

If user A and user B follow the same person X, the email notification will be sent to both users A and B once X person posts a comment. Everything is correct here. The logic of the user follow function is sending each notification of a new comment once it's made by the followed user. 

10 Replies
(@ronnie-tanner)

Eminent Member

@asti yes, I understand both User A and B should get notifications but in my case User A is receiving User B’s notification.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ronnie-tanner,

Please clarify a bit, if those two users A and B follow the same X user, how it can be detected each one A or B should receive the notification? 

(@ronnie-tanner)

Eminent Member

@asti 

User A gets a follow/New Comment notification when User X posts but the heading in the email says:

”Hi User B!”

Can you look at original attachment?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

Thank you for clarifying @ronnie-tanner

We're going to check the issue on our test website. We'll update this topic ASAP. 

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ronnie-tanner,

we've found the reason for the issue. It'll be fired in the next version.

If you need to fix it ASAP, please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address. The developers will fix it on your website until the new version is realized. 

(@ronnie-tanner)

Eminent Member

@asti I've sent the email to get this done as soon as possible.

On an unrelated note. Is there an add-on to include the "Reply" button but when clicked, force the user to Login or Register. I see it working here on this site.

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ronnie-tanner,

https://wpdiscuz.com/community/bug-reports/follow-notification-emails-going-to-user-other-than-follow-user/#post-12025

It's fixed on your website. The changes will be included in the next version of the wpdiscuz plugin. You can update the plugin once the new version is ready. 

On an unrelated note. Is there an add-on to include the "Reply" button but when clicked, force the user to Login or Register. I see it working here on this site.

I'm really sorry, but in the case of the wpDiscuz plugin, there is no easy solution for this. This requires large changes in the plugin codes. 

(@ronnie-tanner)

Eminent Member

@asti Thank you for the quick fix.

As far as the reply/login or register option is this something that can be customized by a 3rd party developer or is that not allowed with your plugin?

Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@ronnie-tanner,

It's allowed to customize the wpDiscuz plugin. However, as I've already mentioned the this requires large changes in the plugin codes. In any case, you should decide either to change it or not. 

(@ronnie-tanner)

Eminent Member

@asti got it, thanks.

Share: