The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Bug with the edit-c...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Bug with the edit-comments.php toolbar

7 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter
(@anuraagt)

Dear WPDiscuz,

Please see the attached screenshot. There is a very odd bug with the commands toolbar for comments on the built-in WP edit-comments.php page. You can see the weird big red oval around close. This appears whenever a comment is hovered over (the red circle).

Is this a known issue? I'm running 7.0.7 of the plugin, and WP 5.5.1. I've disabled the sticky and close features on your admin settings, but they still turn up, looking awful, on the comments admin page.

Please note that I have not added the red oval on the image, this is what the admin interface shows by default for all 1st level comments! It's pretty bad. How can I fix this?

Anuraag

Screenshot 2020 10 19 at 9.20.38 PM
6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@anuraagt,

One of the active plugin's CSS code has affected and added the oval on the page. You should deactivate the plugins one by one and check after each activation to find a problem maker. 

At first, deactivate the wpDiscuz plugin and check again, to make sure this is not a wpDiscuz plugin issue. 

Topic starter
(@anuraagt)

@asti, thank you so much for the quick response.

Yes, the problem is with the WPDiscuz plugin, I had already tried deactivation to see which plugin was causing the problem. When I deactivate WPDiscuz, the problem goes away, see before and after:

Screenshot 2020 10 20 at 2.10.58 PM

Screenshot 2020 10 20 at 2.09.44 PM

Yes, it does appear to be a CSS problem; I have also tried reinstalling Wordpress, problem persisted. 

Any recommendations on what to do next to make this go away?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@anuraagt,

Could you please send the admin login details to info[at]gvectors.com email address? I'll ask the developers to check the issue for you. 

Topic starter
(@anuraagt)

Great, thank you @asti

Done, I've sent the email with login details as requested.

Do please let me know what they find!

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@anuraagt,

Please watch the video below: https://www.screencast.com/t/ndhK79bR1kdM

The issue comes from the WP-Optimize - Clean, Compress, Cache plugin. The CSS codes of the plugin display the oval around the close button. Please contact the plugin support and ask them to solve the issue. 

As far as the core WordPress doesn't have the "Close" comments button on the Dashboard so you don't see the issue when the wpDiscuz plugin is deactivated. The button is being added by the wpDiscuz plugin.

Topic starter
(@anuraagt)

Absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much, yes, I understand perfectly.

Many thanks! I've opened a new thread on the WP-Optimize wordpress forum for this, hopefully they'll update their stylesheet to not overwrite a system one.

Share: