The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issue [Solved] Sub-comments

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@guraba)

Hi wpDiscuz

First of all, great plugin. The only issue I have is I can't get it to work like the vanilla WordPress comment system. 

I need multiple threads under each comic book issues and pages. But instead I get the same thread as in the comic book info page.

The WordPress discussion system creates thread for each page. Can wpDiscuz do the same? Please check the attached website URL.

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Thank you @guraba,

If the theme is called WP Manga, then, please put the hook code below in the active theme functions.php file, delete all caches and check again: 

global $wp_manga_comments;
if($wp_manga_comments){
    add_action('wpdiscuz_button', array( $wp_manga_comments, 'chapter_comment_field' ) );
}

This article should be helpful for you:   https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-add-code-to-functions-php-in-wordpress/

Topic starter
(@guraba)

Thank you for such a quick answer! Unfortunately it didn't work.

Our theme is called Madara / Mangabooth (but I guess it was called WP-Manga at some point earlier).

Please take a look at the comments.php contents:

<?php
	/**
	 * The template for displaying Comments.
	 * The area of the page that contains both current comments
	 * and the comment form.
	 * @package madara
	 */

/*
	 * If the current post is protected by a password and
	 * the visitor has not yet entered the password we will
	 * return early without loading the comments.
	 */
	if ( post_password_required() ) {
		return;
	}
?>

<div class="hr mv40"></div>

<div id="madara-comments" class="comments-area">

<?php // You can start editing here -- including this comment! ?>

<?php 

if ( have_comments() ) : ?>
        <h4 class="comments-title">
			<?php
				printf( _n( '1 Comment', '%d Comments', get_comments_number(), 'madara' ), number_format_i18n( get_comments_number() ) );
			?>
        </h4>

<?php if ( get_comment_pages_count() > 1 && get_option( 'page_comments' ) ) : // are there comments to navigate through ?>
            <nav id="comment-nav-above" class="comment-navigation" role="navigation">
                <h1 class="screen-reader-text"><?php esc_html_e( 'Comment navigation', 'madara' ); ?></h1>

<div class="nav-previous"><?php previous_comments_link( esc_html__( '&larr; Older Comments', 'madara' ) ); ?></div>
                <div class="nav-next"><?php next_comments_link( esc_html__( 'Newer Comments &rarr;', 'madara' ) ); ?></div>
            </nav><!-- #comment-nav-above -->
		<?php endif; // check for comment navigation ?>

<ol class="comment-list" id="comments">
			<?php
				wp_list_comments( array(
					'style'       => 'ol',
					'short_ping'  => true,
					'callback'    => array( 'App\Views\ParseComment', 'comment_item' ),
					'avatar_size' => 60
				) );
			?>
        </ol><!-- .comment-list -->

<?php if ( get_comment_pages_count() > 1 && get_option( 'page_comments' ) ) : // are there comments to navigate through ?>
            <nav id="comment-nav-below" class="comment-navigation" role="navigation">
                <h1 class="screen-reader-text"><?php esc_html_e( 'Comment navigation', 'madara' ); ?></h1>

<div class="nav-previous"><?php previous_comments_link( esc_html__( '&larr; Older Comments', 'madara' ) ); ?></div>
                <div class="nav-next"><?php next_comments_link( esc_html__( 'Newer Comments &rarr;', 'madara' ) ); ?></div>
            </nav><!-- #comment-nav-below -->
		<?php endif; // check for comment navigation ?>

<?php endif; // have_comments() ?>

<?php
		// If comments are closed and there are comments, let's leave a little note, shall we?
		if ( ! comments_open() && '0' != get_comments_number() && post_type_supports( get_post_type(), 'comments' ) ) :
			?>
            <p class="no-comments"><?php esc_html_e( 'Comments are closed.', 'madara' ); ?></p>
		<?php endif; ?>

<?php comment_form( App\Views\ParseComment::get_comment_form_args() ); ?>

</div><!-- #comments -->
2 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@guraba,

Please confirm that the code was added in the functions.php file of the active theme. 

(@guraba)

@asti 

We added the code you provided and emptied the cache afterwards. No results.

We also tried changing $wp_manga_comments to $madara_comments in your code, didn't work either.

(@vickysimpson)

I also had the same problem with the star rating. Clearing cache doesn't seem to work

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@vickysimpson,

Please open your own support topic and describe more in detail the issue. 

Share: