The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Comment Moderation

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@mikemynis)

With the wpDiscuz Frontend Moderation Addon

• Is it possible that Moderators may only approve or disapprove, but never delete a comment?

• Can I assign front end moderation rights to a certain user?

I want a single user to be able to front-end moderate comments. Other users not.
    But but this moderator user should not have backend-access.

• Is it possible to assign initial only approve/disapprove rights to a front-end moderator?

By initial, I mean that only new comments can be either approved or disapproved and after that, the moderator cannot change the status anymore.

3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @mikemynis,

The first one can be reached by putting the PHP code below in the active theme functions.php file. 

add_filter("wpdiscuz_comment_buttons", function ($output, $comment, $user, $current_user) {
if (!empty($current_user->ID) && current_user_can("edit_comment", $comment->comment_ID) && !current_user_can("manage_options")) {
$output = preg_replace('~<span class=\'wpdiscuz-fem-delete-comment wpd-cta-button\'>[^<]+</span>~is', '', $output);
}
return $output;
}, 999, 4);

We're really sorry, but the last two points are not possible with the addon. 

Also please note all paid addons are being supported in the gVectors.com forum. Here we only support the questions related to the free wpDiscuz plugin. 

Topic starter
(@mikemynis)

Hi Asti,

Do I understand correctly that front-end moderation is unusable, because you cannot assign moderators?

So front-end moderation is only available to administators? Unless you make a moderator an admin, which grants them full backend access, which of course is not what we want.

We want to use moderators that can ONLY moderate via the front end.

Is it an idea to add a WordPress User Role in wpDiscuz, that has moderation access? (Maybe a new addon?)

Then we could create a user and assign them this role only.

Kind regards,
Mike

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@mikemynis,

Currently, we have plugin customization and custom addon development services at the gVectors Team. They can assess the work and create it for you. Just contact us via sales[at]gvectors.com email address and send a list of requirements you'd like to have.

Share: