The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Add a simple wpDisc...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Add a simple wpDiscuz button with link to comments

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@nonobio)
Eminent Member

Hello 🙂

First, thanks a lot for this great plugin !

I would like to add a link to comments section on top and/or bottom of all my posts.

I think it should not be too difficile but it could be prettier if i could display a wpDiscuz as a link button (a static one, not a sticky).

Is it possible ?

Thanks

6 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

Hi @nonobio,

You can use the <a> html tag with href = "#comments" attribute. See the example below. 

<a href = "#comments" > Leave a comment </a> 
Topic starter
(@nonobio)
Eminent Member

Thanks Asti, but what i would like is a link with a wpDiscuz, like this one :

but without the "inline feedback" fonction, just a link like the one you gave me.

On the overside, if functions like number of comments could be displayed on this button, it could be a good thing.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nonobio,

1. Use this tutorial, it allows you to insert the font awesome icons the post content: 

https://wplift.com/how-to-add-font-awesome-icons-to-wordpress

2. Then edit the post/page and cover the icon with the <a> like I've provided in the post below: 

<a href = "#comments" > Leave a comment </a> 

See the screenshot below

HTML
Topic starter
(@nonobio)
Eminent Member

Thanks, i will try, but just to be sure : will i be able to use the wpdiscuz icon, or will it be another generic icon ?

With this method, if i'm right, i will not have number of comments displayed on the icon, like the "live commenting" for instance ?

So, there isn't other way ? I thought it could be possible to adjust the "feedback shortcode", but it isn't ?

[wpdiscuz-feedback id="y858ulvkuy" question="Please leave a feedback on this" opened="0"][/wpdiscuz-feedback]
1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@nonobio,

Thanks, i will try, but just to be sure : will i be able to use the wpdiscuz icon, or will it be another generic icon ?

You can choose the icon you want here: 

https://fontawesome.com/icons?d=gallery

With this method, if i'm right, i will not have number of comments displayed on the icon, like the "live commenting" for instance ?

Yes, you'll not have it. 

So, there isn't other way ? I thought it could be possible to adjust the "feedback shortcode", but it isn't ?

you can wrap the [wpdiscuz-feedback] with the <a> tag. And hide the inline feedback form via CSS code. However, you'll still not have a number of comments in this way as well.

2020 11 23 15 53 25

The CSS code that will help you to hide the inline commenting form. 

.wpd-inline-form-wrapper {
display: none !important;
}

It should be in the Top Admin Bar > Customize > Additional CSS > "Additional CSS" textarea, save it, delete all caches and check again. 

Topic starter
(@nonobio)
Eminent Member

Thanks a lot. I will try, or maybe i will use a link from my theme.

I think it could be useful to have this as an option in wpDiscuz : juste enable to display the icon with link at the top and/or bottom of all posts.

Thanks again 🙂

Share: