Add comments into restricted page

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@trebuag)

HI,

I'm a beginner in wp.

I'm building an elearning website. My lecon pages can't allow comments from standard wp comments.

I've installed wpdiscuz hoping to solve my problem but this is the 1st time I'm installing a wideget and I'm lost.

I was expecting a new widget in my widget list I could add to my pages but no new widget in the wp list (I'm using Elementor to help me editing pages)

I've looked for shortcode to copy and paste in a shortcode widget I could have place wherever I wanted a comment from my students (basicelly after main videos), but copy/past from chats I've found in the forum don't work too.

Any help for a new dev ?

Thanks in advance

Trebuag

5 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@trebuag,

We don't follow you well. 

We may suggest you use the [wpdiscuz_comments] shortcode. More info you can find here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/598/

Topic starter
(@trebuag)

Thank you for your help.

I copied the shortcode. it's working on the public pages BUT still not working on the customer pages (page we need to log in, in order to access to it)

what should I change to make comments available from every pages ?

2nd questions : I have sometime 2 chapters per page. is it possible to have 2 comments areas in only one page ?

thanks again for your support

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@trebuag,

what should I change to make comments available from every pages ?

Please check the points mentioned in this doc: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/getting-started/missing-comment-form/

2nd questions : I have sometime 2 chapters per page. is it possible to have 2 comments areas in only one page ?

We’re really sorry but you cannot do it. Even if you find a way to include the comment section, it’ll not work correctly. The comments will be messed, i.e. the comments from one chapter will be added under another one. No matter under which chapter is made a new comment it’ll be added for only one chapter.

Topic starter
(@trebuag)

Thank you for the answer.

I had found your 1st link before writing to you. the problem is that on my pages comments are closed  and i don't know how to open them (no check box on wp modify pages).

I have no idea how to open comments on my pages 🙁

other clues ?

Thanks for the answer of my 2e question, too bad but not crutial.

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@trebuag,

The wpDiscuz plugin cannot work if the comments are not enabled. You should find a way to enable the comments for the current post type, then the wpDiscuz will work fine.

Share: