The effects of alcohol on sustanon 250 leucine for – real weight loss & bodybuilding benefits?
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Votes as guests

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@jafranco)

Various doubts

I don't understand why I can't vote, I want anyone to be able to like it within the same IP, I get the error "You cannot vote for this comment (voting from the same IP)"

I can't change the language of the "Post Comment" button

I would like the comment to be able to fit a maximum number of characters or words, is it possible?

Topic Tags
3 Replies
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)
Illustrious Member

@jafranco,

I don't understand why I can't vote, I want anyone to be able to like it within the same IP, I get the error "You cannot vote for this comment (voting from the same IP)"

wpDiscuz logs your IP too. It doesn't matter you're logged in or not, wpDiscuz detects you and knows that you're the owner of this comment. You're not allowed to vote for your comment, even if you've logged out and want to vote as a guest.

You can use the following custom solution:

add_filter('pre_comment_user_ip', function(){
    if(!is_user_logged_in()){
        return md5(uniqid());
    }
});

Put it in the active theme functions.php file. More information on how to add insert custom code.

This code works only in the case of the guest users. 

I can't change the language of the "Post Comment" button,

Please read my answer here: https://wpdiscuz.com/community/postid/2551/

I would like the comment to be able to fit a maximum number of characters or words, is it possible?

You can use the "Comment Text Length" option. It's located in the Dashboard > wpDiscuz > Settings > Comment Content and Media admin page. More info here: https://wpdiscuz.com/docs/wpdiscuz-7/plugin-settings/comment-content-and-media/#comment-text-length

Topic starter
(@jafranco)

Thank you!

And do you know if I can see from which IPs the likes in the comment have been made?

1 Reply
Asti
 Asti
Support
(@asti)

Illustrious Member

@jafranco,

I'm really sorry but there is no easy solution for this. And the IPs are stored only for guests as hashed values. 

As I've already answered your question here this topic will be deleted. 

Share: